Papagayo SportFishing Reports from Guanacaste province, Costa Rica.
We have had good fishing lately, specially for sailfish, however last week we caught 3 marlins (blue and black). Rooster, dorado and tuna also caught inshore fishing.
On August 11,
- El seņor Eduardo Bravo and his family, from the Paradisus Playa Conchal, were fishing aboard the CORMORAN boat. As other people on days before, they were fishing between 5 and 10 miles offshore from the Catalinas islands. They raised 6 sailfish releasing 4; also caught one dorado.
- On this fishing charter from the Hilton Papagayo Resort, Chris Summit and his family where fishing aboard the LA CHILA-G boat. Fishing inshore they caught a bull dorado, one rooster and some others inshore species.
- Joe Bergler was fishing again on the ALBATRES boat. He landed a very nice rooster fish, one big dorado and jurel.
On August 10,
- Bruce Skinner and a party of 8 friends were fishing aboard the CORMORAN and the LA CHILA-G boats. People on the CORMORAN caught nothing, however people aboard the LA CHILA-G raised 3 sails and released 2 of them, they also caught a 300lbs Black Marlin.
On August 7,
- Robert Bristol, from Paradisus Playa Conchal, was fishing today aboard the CORMORAN boat with Lino Guido captain for a full day offshore in the golfo de Papagayo. Eight sailfish raised and five released, also a big needlefish.
- Today was day number 3 for Ferdinand Lossl and his wife, from Germany, today aboard the TUNA-FISH boat with Nelson Mendez captain. They were fishing offshore from Flamingo beach. Ferdinand released a nice 400lbs black marlin, a sailfish and caught one dorado.
- Joe Bergler, from the Ocotal beach, aboard the ALBATRES boat with Jose Mendez captain had a nice inshore fishing today. He released 3 good sized roosterfish, two dorados, one jurel and a lot of bonitos.
Papagayo Sport Fishing